Lloyd Doggett for Congress Internship Program
We all want to make a difference, but too many internships focus entirely on research and require students to get lost in the library. If you want to make a real difference in your community, consider an internship with the Lloyd Doggett for Congress Campaign.
The internship will offer students a structured experience working one‐on‐one with campaign staffers ‐ the intern’s staff mentor. Interns learn basic skills that allow them to analyze issues and articulate solutions to the pressing problems of the day. Interns learn that activism and participation in the democratic process yield results.
Though responsibilities vary, internships will include:
• Working with the candidate and community organizations to increase visibility and name identification throughout the district by coordinating community events and candidate appearances.
• Working with coalition partners to coordinate grassroots campaign activities. Including phonebanks, canvasses, and event appearances.
• An opportunity to gain first hand experience in voter contact, field organizing, new media, fund raising and communications
• Opportunities for class credit and community service hours.
Applicants for Lloyd Doggett for Congress Internships should be:
• Interested and involved in local or national politics
• Capable of learning the technologies used in campaigns
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Willing to work hard to achieve team goals at least 10 hours per week
We encourage you to apply, and look forward to having you as a member of our team!
Thanks for your interest!
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org